I am a postdoc in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois and a member of the Open Systems Laboratory. My research interests are in the areas of in distributed algorithms, coordination strategies, and middleware services for large-scale wireless sensor networks. Specifically, I have worked on:
- Illinois SHM Project: autonomous, long-term distributed sensing for structural health monitoring of civil infrastructure. This joint venture between OSL and Smart Structures Technology Laboratory in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering has resulted in the development of the Illinois SHM Services Toolsuite, an open-source collection of modular middleware services and applications, used by 75 research groups in 15 countries.
- Ambiance Platform: tools and and middleware services to support network-wide programming and resource management, along with concurrent execution of multiple WSN applications. This effort, based on the ActorNet mobile agent language for sensor networks, has resulted in the development of the Ambiance Platform for WSN Macroprogramming, in collaboration with Dr. Reza Razavi at the University of Luxembourg.
- ActorNet: a platform for actor-based programming of wireless sensor networks. ActorNet's extremely lightweight interpreter can operate on low-power sensor nodes with as little as 4KB RAM. ActorNet programs are written in a compact, Scheme-based syntax.
- As part of the DARPA NEST project, my past work also includes cooperative target tracking, acoustic ranging and localization, and distributed sensing and data aggregation.
- CEE/CS 598 CPS: Cyber-Physical Systems Technology
- CS 425: Distributed Systems
- CS 598: Emerging Programming Paradigms
- CS 421: Programming Languages and Compilers
- CS 241: Systems Programming
- Kirill Mechitov and Gul Agha. An architecture for dynamic service-oriented computing in networked embedded systems. In Software Service and Application Engineering, volume 7365 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 147–164. Springer, 2012.
- Kirill Mechitov and Gul Agha. Building portable middleware services for heterogeneous cyber-physical systems. In SESENA, 31–36. IEEE, 2012.
- Kirill Mechitov. A Service-Oriented Architecture for Dynamic Macroprogramming of Sensor Networks. Kirill Mechitov. A Service-Oriented Architecture for Dynamic Macroprogramming of Sensor Networks PhD thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011.